I've given it some serious thought, and I've decided to put my name forward for FIFA President, just in time for the election. I would welcome your support.
My reason for standing
If you're reading this, you already know the reason.
To persuade 156 member nations of FIFA to call for an election postponement, to allow for a period of reflection (and for me to campaign, obviously)
My Qualifications and Experience
I'm already President of a Global Body (The Global Speakers Federation) with 6,000 members worldwide.
I travel extensively, and understand global issues.
I'm an author of several books on media and PR, and know how to deal with the press in a diplomatic and helpful way.
I've been watching football for over 50 years, and since I'm a Fulham fan, know how to deal with failure and moderate success.
Here is my seven-point plan to restore the credibility of FIFA
1) Immediate postponement of presidential elections for three months
2) All member nations to have one vote in future presidential elections
3) The entire FIFA board to resign, pending elections in three month's time
4) An interim committee to run FIFA to be appointed, consisting of Franz Beckenbauer, David Beckham and Pele.
5) Awards of 2018 and 2022 World cups to be rescinded and voted for in six months time on the basis of one nation, one vote.
6) All FIFA Board meetings to be held in public, and live-streamed online
7) An independent body to be set up to oversee ethical issues and deal with complaints
How you can help
Thanks for reading.
Simply tweet or re-tweet a link to this blog, using the tag #honestal