1) Find out exactly what is being asked of you. Is it a vote of thanks, a summary of the year, or a welcome to distinguished guests?
2) Write down the objective. (By now you should know to always carry a pen and notebook)
3) Excuse yourself and go somewhere quiet. It can even be a toilet cubicle. You need a few minutes of peace to gather your thoughts.
4) Write down your core message. That's your opening and closing statement.
5) Decide on one story to tell which is relevant and which you know inside out. Write down a phrase to remind you of it.
6) When you speak, do not apologise. Just do your stuff.
7) Keep it short. Five minutes is enough. Do not apologise for the length of your speech.
8) Smile and thank people the end. Do not apologise.