This weekend sees the 83rd annual Academy Award ceremony in Hollywood. Acceptance speeches will be tucked inside the tuxedos and evening bags of dozens of hopefuls. But what makes a great acceptance speech? Here's where you come in. Inspired by my friend Max Atkinson's "Defend a doomed dictator" speechwriting competition", I'm running an Oscar acceptance speech contest. Here are the rules:
1. Write an Oscar acceptance speech, for any category, in no more that 250 words
2. Email it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 6pm GMT on Sunday 28th February 2011
3. I will judge the most entertaining and appropriate entry
4. My decision is final (of course)
5. The winner receives a signed first edition of Ping! or Mediamasters
I will announce the winner, and show their entry, on Friday March 4th. Good luck.