Saturday, September 27, 2008

Round one to Obama on points

Having watched the debate between Obama and McCain live last night, I'm struggling to stay awake this morning. They were so polite to each other, it barely got going. No knockout punches were landed, byt Obama had a few good lines ("I'd use a scalpel rather than a hatchet to make cuts"), but McCain scored on foreign policy (especially with detailed knowledge of Russia and its former satellites) and support for the veterans.

McCain rarely made eye contact with Obama, and started the more nervous. Obama kept using the phrase "John is right" before highlighting their differences. Clearly this was a prepared tactic, but I don't think it worked.

So, for me, Obama edged it on points.

Next up, "Caribou Barbie" as she is becoming known, against Joe Biden in the early hours of Friday morning. I can't wait.

No comments: